Tonight was a sweltering one, the air heavy with humidity, which left me hankering for something crisp, cool and GREEN! These little tasties whipped together nicely with some bean thread noodles, nori and some of the green vegetables I had kicking around—which pretty much makes me as happy as can be. I adore having the right ingredients around to whip up something as tasty and satisfying, as it is beautiful!
Below is the recipe for these beauties pictured. I encourage you to experiment with the veggies you have lying around.
Create your very own clean machines!
Lean + Clean + Green Machines
- Two bunches bean threads
- 4 sheets nori
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 1 bunch of blanched green beans (chilled)
- 1 cucumber, speared
- 1 cup (ish) sprouts
- For the Dip:
- 2T peanut butter
- 1/4 c Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Juice form half a lemon
- 1 T Toasted sesame oil
- Place bean threads in a bowl of warm water to soften. (About 10 minutes)
- Once softened, place a hearty pinch of bean threads on your nori wrapper
- Add your veggies, fold you nori over all your goodies and kind of tuck under.
- With damp fingers roll the rest of the way so you have a nice tight roll.
- To make the dip, Add all ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake to combine. I love to use the little 6oz canning jars typically used for jams and jellies.
Cut rolls in half, gasp at how incredibly lovely they are, then serve with dipping sauce.